Monday, July 2, 2007

on H1Bs and SAP careers in America

H1B’s have been eating my lunch for years. I’m an experienced I.T. professional. I have 2.5 years of ABAP experience, but have some holes in my ABAP skillset, because companies would rather hire an H1B than invest in growing my skills. I even asked a couple of large high profile companies to let me come onboard and work on ABAP, FOR FREE, so that I could grow my skills and plug the ABAP gaps I do have. Guess what, these companies would rather have / train H1B’s than me. I’m a USA citizen, served 4+ years in the US Navy, paid plenty of income taxes over the years, but no company wants to help grow me at a very modest rate of pay.

it's very interesting to see that there's an ongoing debate on H1B visa in SAPSearch.com. apparently, the US consultants have a a lot of knee jerking reactions on the recent increase of H1B visas. but of course, it's good news for us, Pinoy IT Professionals, who are working our asses off just to have 1/3 of our salary come to waste. san napupunta ang binabayad naming taxes GMA???

No comments: