Monday, October 8, 2007

Preps of a Soon-To-Be OFW

Pwede ba expat na lang para mejo shala pakinggan?! hehehe!

Get ACN backpay to be used as show money - CHECK!
At long last, I got my last paycheck! Kumusta naman, sa dame ng nagreresign eh napakarami din ang kumukuha ng backpay the day I went to Libran. When I was in the elevator, may kasama akong ACN employee and I saw her blue proxy. Naisip ko, meron din ako nyan dati at nakailang paayos pa ako dahil laging nasisira! hehehe!

Request for Bank Certificate which will serve as "show money" for the visa application - CHECK!
I used my Metrobank savings account, actually, it used to be my payroll account when I was in ACN. Requesting for bank certificate has to be on your account branch talaga kaya I had to go to Atrium pa. At kumusta na naman, pinaligiran na naman ako ng ACN employees requesting for bank certificates as well. Mga masuswerteng mao-onshore un mga un. There were some na nagenroll naman for online banking, so ako naman, gumaya na rin. Hehe! Since Metrobank has swift code, I can remit money (from anywhere in the world) to this account and pay my bills online na lang. Galing!

Borrow FedEx account to avail the 2-way service for my passport - CHECK!
Buti na lang talaga at anjan ang SDV Phils., former office of my sister. They're very nice to lend me their International FedEx account. Thanks Tita Luz and Ate.

Apply for AFPSLAI account - CHECK!
This is where I will keep my savings. Imagine, every quarter the interest is 4%, so per annum 16%. Anlaki daba??!! However, this is only exclusive for AFP folks and their dependents. Since daddy was a former officer, actually a Lt. Colonel, and mommy's a civilian employee in Camp Aguinaldo, I, as a dependent, can open an account. Ansaya nga eh. Kaso ang downside eh they only allow 30K maximum deposit for every quarter. So nde kasha pera ko! Haha! Joke, yabang! Basta un, issuance of the passbook and ID would be this Thursday. Nga pla, isipin mo passbook sha pero 1K lang ang maintaining balance, galing dba?!

Have a Medical Checkup - CHECK!
Just had this last Friday. I really don't like having these medical exams. I opted to have it at Patient First since it was a lot cheaper compared to Asian Hospital. Haller, of course naman. Nagpaquote kse ako dun thru my cousin and she estimated more or less 5-6K. Eh sa PF 2K lang. So un, the usual tests but this time isang syringe ng dugo ang kinuha sakin. Naloka ako sabi ko, andami naman! Eh oo nga pla, napakaraming tests ang required sa blood ko like HIV chuva, Hepa B and mga iba pang kaartehan. Anyway, I will follow up the results this Monday and I'm dreading it! Kapag may findings sa urine ko and xray, nakow baka maging cause of delay pa un. You know, I'm a smoker, acidic and I think mataas ang sugar chuva ko. The urine test focused on sugar and albumin content kase. Kung anuman un, I hope wala nang findings! Lord, help me!!!

Send Visa Application to KL where the embassy is located - CHECK!
Thanks to my dear friend Pam who had helped me a lot on this matter. She's working as CS kse in FedEx, she told me how to avail the 2-way service, she'll be the one to monitor the package and request to pick up of my passport from KL after the processing. Thanks thanks Pam! I owe you one talaga!

Apply for Asenso Kabayan BDO Remittance Account - CHECK!
Eto gamit ni ate ngayon so nakigaya ulet ako. Nakakatuwa kse 100 bucks lang ang deposit!

Plane Ticket
Though meron nang nabook un employer, I'm still requesting for an earlier flight para I can spend a couple of more hours with Ate during my stopover at Singapore. Sana lang tlga may available flights na mas maaga ng ilang oras. Mejo naiinis na siguro sakin si Joyce from logistics, sobrang demanding ko na ata. hehe!

Get last paycheck from Amkor
This will be available after 45 working days pa, so Nov. 23 pa ata. I need to acquire 3 original copies of SPA for this to authorize Mama. She'll be the one to get my backpay na lang.

Check things to bring
I have my list already, actually, it's on excel pa nga kaso I haven't gone through my stuff yet. Mejo natatamad pa ako and I need to buy a few formal clothes pa. Balik business wear na naman ang lola nyo! Pwede kaya havaianas dun?! Hehehe! Dating gawi, habang nagcocode, nakaslippers lang, pag tatayo na saka lang isusuot ang pumps or mules. hehe.


I still have a lot of stuff to prepare. Nakow, crossed fingers na lang talaga ako sa visa. Nde naman siguro sila maarte. Naman, gumastos na ako sa medical ha! Hehe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey i can relate to this :)

just relocated to bangkok and did all the stuff needed to be a certified OFW. haha. although, one's never a full-fledged OFW until the remittance starts... (more laughter...)

looking forward to ur blogs from KL.

bebe.must.be.crazy said...

thanks for dropping by.

wow, i thought you were just sent onshore by Shell. hehehe. I've been checking out your blog from time to time. :)

anyway, good to hear that you're in Bangkok already. goodluck!

one more thing, i'm not going to KL, i just sent my passport there to have my visa approved. will let you know pag andun na ako kung san man un! hehehehe!